- Ethylene Dichloride heater with five baffles at even distances along the nest.
- Square pitch tubes with 9.5mm gap between tubes.
- Hard coke like deposit with some bridging but mainly evenly coated.
- Previously tried alternative cleaning systems could not penetrate into the bundle so the deposits had not removed to the client’s satisfaction.
- Possibility of HCL forming when product contacted air or water.
Unfortunately, due to the excessive fouling on the bundle, some of the tubes were damaged while another contractor was extracting the bundle. This meant that some of the tubes at the end of the bundle were buckled and some completely flattened. Tube Tech was able to spread some of these bent tubes to enable access. This highlights the need for Tube Tech’s approach to in situ shell side cleaning and the savings it can deliver to its clients.