Bespoke unblocking jets assist condenser tube cleaning
Blocked tubes on a weak acid condenser were affecting production at a UK based fertiliser manufacturing plant. A traditional high pressure water jetting contractor had failed to unblock the condenser tubes and had also been unsuccessful in the cleaning of lightly scaled tubes. Tube Tech cleaned the condenser using its bespoke unblocking jets and unique WysperFlex™ pump.
- Approximately 40 tubes on a weak acid condenser were believed to be blocked by a hard calcium type deposit.
- The remaining 2041 condenser tubes has been cleaned by a traditional high pressure water jetting contractor but there was still some scale left inside the tubes.
- The condenser featured triangular pitch tubes and is usually cleaned every three years.
- Once on site the Tube Tech technicians found 83 condenser tubes to be completely blocked with calcium scale.
- Using their SafeTrak™ jetting unit with their WysperFlex™ pump the Tube Tech team successfully cleared the blocked tubes and then removed the scale from the additional tubes quickly and effectively.
Tube Tech comment
Peter Lord, Technical Sales at Tube Tech: “The client was pleased with our ability to unblock the tubes quickly, the safe working practices of our technicians and the fact that their condenser was back online quicker than expected.”
For more information or to discuss your cleaning challenge call us on +44 1268 786999 or e-mail email@example.com, alternatively click here to fill out our contact form.