Heater Blocked With Glucose
Effective Cleaning Increases Flowrate
An international producer of food and agricultural products contacted Tube Tech when they noticed a significant performance drop in a starch slurry heater at their Manchester site. Tube Tech were requested and able to mobilise quickly. Their cleaning techniques helped to significantly improve the flow rate of the heater.
- 25% of the 290 tubes on vertical triangular pitch heater believed to be blocked
- Deposit was said to be varied but mostly very hard carbonised glucose
- Thickness of deposit unknown
- Heater performance had dropped by 50% so heavy deposits were expected
- Heater last cleaned in 2009
- Tube Tech selected for the contract as their techniques meant heater could be cleaned quicker than methods offered by traditional contractors which were rigid and of higher pressure.
- Using the Tube Tech unique Wysperpump and SafeFlex systems coupled with unique unblocking/polishing heads, which provide a 360° surface contact, Tube Tech was able to unblock all tubes and thoroughly clean the whole unit in the time quoted.
- Contract was completed in under 1 day.
Tube Tech Comment
Scott Donson, Technical Sales Manager: “Our cleaning techniques are ideally suited to clients who not only need to clean equipment as quickly as possible, but in addition achieve cleanliness standards which equal or exceed those of others who take longer. We were pleased to have been able to solve this cleaning challenge.”
Manager: “I was very pleased with the work that was carried out. Your team were well prepared and embraced our site rules and procedures after the induction with no fuss. I think we found around 25% of the tubes hard plugged at the bottom. Your kit easily cleared what was there (carbonized material) and we have increased the flowrate through the exchanger by around 80m3/hr.”
For more information or to discuss your cleaning challenge call us on +44 1268 786999 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, alternatively click here to fill out our contact form.