Blockages & thick deposit removed quickly and safely
Operators of the UK plant of this international chemical manufacturer required a more innovative and proactive approach to the unblocking of their methanol re-boiler. Past cleaning contractors had taken over 13 shifts to clean the re-boiler with results below client expectation. Tube Tech thoroughly unblocked and polished the re-boiler to an ‘as new’ state with excellent client feedback.
- The methanol reboiler was moved to a cleaning bay and positioned horizontally for cleaning. Tube Tech would have been happy to clean the asset vertically, in-situ to save on crane costs etc.
- 1533 tubes within the reboiler were fouled with a variety of deposits ranging from a hard boot leather type material to a sponge/foam like polymer deposit.
- As the reboiler usually transports methanol the working conditions were treated as hazardous.
- The client required an improved standard of cleanliness as previous contractors had taken too long to provide a sub-standard clean.
- The client asked for the reboiler to be cleaned to eddy current inspection standard.
- Appreciating the clients desire for a better standard of clean, Tube Tech opted to use their Safe-Trak™ system with a combination drilling and polishing head to unblock, descale and clean the tube bores.
- This semi-remote system offers greater safety as the frame is attached to the tube plate and all operatives are away from the working heads
- The technology provides 360 degree tube surface contact ensuring an enhanced cleaning standard.
- An eddy current inspection after the cleaning was completed showing no integrity issues.
“Excellent attitude, good technology, the best clean we have had on this asset. I just wanted to reiterate how pleased I am, not only with the performance of the guys and the system, but the general attitude to the job in general was outstanding”.
Tube Tech comment
Scott Donson, Sales Manager: “This was our first contract on the site and I strongly believe our in-house operator training programme with multiple cleaning technologies provides all our clients with an unusually high level of professionalism”
For more information or to discuss your cleaning challenge call us on +44 1268 786999 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, alternatively click here to fill out our contact form.