Unique abrasives steam removes resin from varied surfaces
An internal production area within a Suffolk-based plant had become coated with polymers used in the manufacture of paints for the automotive industry.
- Some of the resin had cured, hardening into a state where innovative measures were required to remove the almost immovable layers.
- An additional problem was a soft and pliable resin.
- Tube Tech’s brief was to remove as much of both the hard and soft deposits as possible within a five-day shutdown period at the plant.
- Using the ultra low-volume water WysperJet™ system combined with a unique food-grade abrasives stream Tube Tech transformed an area of 300 square metres of the concrete, steel and stainless steel manufacturing area into a bright, nearly new area for production.
- The WysperJet™ method proved measurably more efficient in removing polymer deposits than the slow dry ice method previously used at the plant.
- It resulted in an extremely high-standard of clean for the area involved.
- No damage to any substrate was caused and no secondary waste created.
- Water volumes were as low as 2.5 litres per minute.
Tube Tech Comment
Mike Watson, Managing & Technical Director: “The client’s objective was for us to remove as much deposit as possible in the shortest time period and we did that alongside a very high standard of clean. Traditional Dry Ice is notoriously slow and can be costly due to the high volume of dry ice pellets required. Even though our own FastIce™ version is 10 times quicker it is no match for the WysperJet™. As a result of this innovation we have won further contracts with this client.”
For more information or to discuss your cleaning challenge call us on +44 1268 786999 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, alternatively click here to fill out our contact form.