Advanced cleaning techniques remove pipeline blockage
An Essex based food production Company realised that standard high pressure water jetting was not an option when a production pipeline became blocked with solidified fat. Tube Tech were able to clean the pipe, which was in excess of 200-m, back to production standard using a variety of advanced cleaning techniques.
- 200m long, 4” pipeline with slight bend and x 4 access points.
- Pipeline was blocked with hard congealed fat.
- Previous standard high pressure water jetting had failed to remove the deposit.
- Pigging had also failed and a pig was stuck in a section of the pipeline.
Tube Tech were able to mobilise urgently, unblock the pipeline and remove the deposit by using:
- Bespoke unblocking heads
- Cleaning/polishing heads with 360° surface contact
- SafeFlex™ system
- Wysper™ pump unit
- Extendable SafeJet™ lance system
Tube Tech technicians were also able to retrieve lodged pig in the final 30m of the pipeline.
Tube Tech Comment
Scott Donson, Technical Sales Manager: “This product was so congealed we needed to use our most advanced cleaning techniques to remove it but as usual Tube Tech arrived on site prepared for all eventualities. Our client was pleased with the safe and quick cleaning service we provided.”
For more information or to discuss your cleaning challenge call us on +44 1268 786999 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, alternatively click here to fill out our contact form.