Sewerage Contract – Press (Klam Press) Cleaning
Silicates removed from sludge presses
Having proven their sludge press cleaning techniques over the last few years Tube Tech were contacted by several major regional utilities companies to clean their sewerage plants’ sludge press rollers and open holes in-situ and as quickly as possible. The plants had previously taken the rollers from within their sludge press machines offsite for cleaning.
- Designed to transport struvite (treated effluent eventually used as fertilizer) the sludge pressing machines each contained 5 rollers.
- All of the rollers and all the open drain holes were severely fouled with a minimum 25mm covering of crumbly mix silicates.
- Previous cleaning techniques had involved the rollers having to be removed and taken offsite for cleaning. These traditional techniques had also involved high levels of waste/effluent displacement.
- Using their innovative SafeJet high pressure water jetting system meant 3 x less waste/effluent was created
- Remote, SafeJet was able to penetrate previously inaccessible areas of the sludge pressing machine.
Tube Tech comment
Gareth Gillings, Sales Technician: “Technology Transfer from the refining and petrochemical sector to the water and sewerage utilities sector was key. Clients were impressed with the new technology, speed and efficiency of our Sludge Pressing Machine cleaning service and many wish they had contacted us earlier so they could have avoided the disruption of shutting down their plants in the past.”
For more information or to discuss your cleaning challenge call us on +44 1268 786999 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, alternatively click here to fill out our contact form.